In 2000, Dean Becker arranged with the New York Times Drug Policy Forum to host a series of online interviews and live question-and-answer sessions featuring a range of drug policy experts, most of whom were critical of existing policy. Interviewees included economist Milton Friedman, Harvard professor Lester Grinspoon, New Mexico governor Gary Johnson and Judge Jim Gray. From that series came a collection published as “Drug Truth,” which later became widely circulated in the booklet “Drug Truth: Abrahamson to Zeese.”
Encouraged by the response he received, Becker began a weekly half-hour radio program on Houston’s KPFT (Pacifica). Four years ago, he added a second weekly half-hour program and a daily three-minute program. Today, his programs are carried on more than 70 radio stations throughout the country.
- Cultural Baggage Radio Show Archive
- A Century of Lies Archive
- Download: "Drug Truth: Abrahamson to Zeese."
- Drug Truth Network
- Dean Becker's YouTube Channel
- Dean Becker, National Radio Host and Speaker for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- William Martin, Harry and Hazel Chavanne Senior Fellow in Religion and Public Policy