Elena M. Marks
Title: Nonresident Fellow in Health Policy
Office Phone: (713) 348-2867
Elena M. Marks is a nonresident fellow in health policy at the Baker Institute as well as the president and CEO of the Episcopal Health Foundation, a $1 billion foundation engaged in community health transformation in Texas. From 2004 through 2009, Marks served as the director of health and environmental policy for the City of Houston. Previously, she practiced trial and appellate law with major law firms; started and directed a successful legal placement business; and developed strategic, long-range and operating plans for service lines and system centers at St. Luke’s Episcopal Health System. Marks holds a bachelor’s degree from Emory University, a law degree from The University of Texas School of Law and a Master of Public Health from The University of Texas School of Public Health.
my research and publications
- 05/13/2013 - Medicaid Costs Driven by Poverty
- 02/26/2013 - Healthy Communities Indicator Report 2013
- 08/19/2012 - Republican Governors Should Want Homemade Exchanges
- 07/01/2014 - SCOTUS Limits Contraceptive Care
- 06/30/2012 - We must take advantage of Medicaid expansion
- 06/10/2012 - Why are we wasting our health-care dollars?
- 12/25/2011 - Houston, we have a solution
- 09/13/2011 - Health Policy Research Newsletter - September 2011
- 04/30/2011 - Baker Institute Policy Report 47: The Role of Health Information Technology in Health Care Delivery Systems with High Quality-to-Cost Ratios
- 10/25/2013 - An Unhappy Camper
- 04/02/2014 - The Affordable Care Act and Texas’ "Young Invincibles"
- 12/01/2013 - Affordable Care Act is based on existing insurance structure
- 04/16/2014 - Early Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Health Insurance Coverage in Texas for 2014
- 07/13/2015 - HRMS Issue Brief 12
- 07/29/2015 - HRMS Issue Brief 13
- 05/08/2014 - The Affordable Care Act and Hispanics in Texas
- 10/02/2013 - Health Care Reform
- 06/11/2014 - Survey: Most Texans aware of health insurance marketplace
- 06/11/2014 - The Experience of Texans with healthcare.gov
- 02/19/2014 - Were Texans Satisfied with the Cost of Health Care and Health Insurance Prior to the Affordable Care Act?
- 07/08/2014 - Affordability of Marketplace Plans for the Target Population
- 07/08/2014 - Cost Kept Texans From Enrolling in Obamacare
- 09/03/2014 - Insurance Status of Adult Texans
- 09/23/2014 - Affordability of Marketplace Plans in Texas
- 10/15/2014 - Preparing for the Second Marketplace Open Enrollment Period
- 03/09/2015 - Marketplace Plans: Size and Cost
- 05/25/2015 - Texas Uninsured Rate Drops Dramatically